SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that’s more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
Base Location: Eurocentral – Glasgow
Salary: £45,592 -£55,653 + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Fixed Term Contract 12-18 months | Full Time
An excellent opportunity for an experienced Accounts Payable Operations Manager to join our finance team within an ambitious and growing business. A key role within our finance team and would suit a candidate who is confident, resilient, organised, and hard working.
Reporting to the Group Accounts Payable Manager, you will be responsible for leading and managing the Accounts Payable department.
You will be responsible for ensuring control and governance through: (i) documented procedures and processes; (ii) segregation of duties; (iii) identification and management of risk (iv) compliance with our internal control framework.
– Management of the processing and payment of all invoices for the Group.
– Adherence to service level agreements.
– Key escalation point for all payment issues.
– Implement and embed change in partnership with the Finance Transformation Programme.
– Building partnerships and maintaining strong relationships with key business stakeholders.
What do I need?
– The successful candidate will have proven experience of leading an Accounts Payable team in a fast-paced environment.
– Sound knowledge of the control environment required in the Accounts Payable function.
– Experience of process improvement and implementation of new processes.
– Possess excellent IT skills, particularly Microsoft Excel and Finance ERP’s (Oracle P2P).
– Risk awareness and ability to manage and mitigate risk.
About our Business
Our SSE Finance function has a key part to play in fulfilling SSE’s obligations as a UK-listed company, providing expertise and services that can be shared across the SSE Group, and working in partnership with all businesses to provide services tailored to their specific needs. SSE operates in a highly regulated and increasingly competitive environment, and our role is to ensure that we gather, compile, analyse and recommend on the financial strategy for our businesses, identifying opportunities to drive efficiencies and create value for SSE now, and in the future.
What’s in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for ‘Inclusion & Diversity at SSE‘ to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I’ll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Fran on 01738 344763.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you’ll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
To apply for this job please visit www.aplitrak.com.