Base Location: Wick / Contin / Perth / Glasgow
Salary: £32,700 – £46,100 depending on skills and experience + excellent benefits + annual bonus
Working Pattern: Permanent Full Time with Flexible working patterns available
About the Department
SSE Renewables is the UK and Ireland’s leading renewable energy company. Our aim is to be the largest and most efficient developer of onshore and offshore wind in the UK and Ireland. We drive new growth by identifying, developing, building and operating high quality assets in GB, Ireland and internationally. In order to contribute to a low carbon future, we have committed to treble our current Renewables output by 2030.
As an Asset Engineer, you’ll be responsible for providing technical knowledge required to manage the integrity of operational assets, where failure would have a major impact on safety, environmental, and commercial operation of the business. You’ll be further responsible for ensuring the wind farm meets its consenting obligations, by delivering required information in a timely manner to the wind farm Environmental team for submission to the consenting and governing bodies.
Some of your other main accountabilities will include;
– Develop contract strategy and business readiness for managing defect repair works.
– Procure consultant services to support with the discharge of consenting, warranty and general O&M requirements.
– Management of contracts and GIS interface with contactors. – Act as first line support to the Operations and Engineering teams.
– Actively keep all data and records up to date for subsea survey information received.
– Prepare scopes of work for budget submissions and actively feed into budget preparation.
– Liaise with and manage external contractors on site ensuring they work to required SSE standards.
This will be a dynamic role interfacing with the Engineering and Operations team to coordinate planned works and defect rectification works. The development of procedures and work schedules while overseeing operational budget requests and spend for works will also come under your remit.
What do I need?
We are looking for someone who is qualified to degree level in an Engineering discipline, or has the equivalent relevant experience in an engineering environment. Due to the nature of this role, we are also looking for you to have the following;
– Good understanding of asset management and ISO 55001.
– Proven technical knowledge and experience within offshore wind generation.
– Experience of asset integrity risk assessment and providing mitigation solutions.
– A solid understanding of plant operation and appropriate risk controls.
– Working knowledge of appropriate engineering legislation and industry good practice.
– Effective organisation capabilities to deliver quality work to the agreed timescales.
– Strong commercial awareness with an understanding of the implications of engineering activities and decisions.
Full GWO offshore training is required for this position and will be provided.
Were committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Why not watch our short employee benefits video to see what else is on offer?
All applications should be submitted online, however to discuss any adjustments you may require to submit your application, please get in touch with We’ll let you know the outcome of your application after the closing date.
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. Please be aware if you are successful, you’ll be required to complete our pre-employment screening process before joining SSE.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that’s what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra ‘if it’s not safe, we don’t do it’.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
To apply for this job please visit www.aplitrak.com.