About the Role
Base Location: Perth, Aberdeen, Glasgow or Inverness.
Salary: £53,000 – £65,000 (depending on relevant experience) + car allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
SSEN Transmission has a fantastic opportunity for an Assistant Engineering Manager to lead a team of multi-disciplined engineers through the delivery of high profile, high value and technically complex projects on the Electricity Transmission network in Scotland.
The role is responsible for taking projects from initial development and design, through to delivery, commissioning and hand over to operations.
The key duties & responsibilities will include:
– Direct line management of a team of multi-disciplined engineers, supporting the Engineering Manager to ensure that sufficient and competent engineering resource is in place to deliver high quality and value in engineering output.
– Promote a positive safety culture within the project portfolio through the implementation of safety by design practices and ensuring rigour in compliance with relevant safety regulations.
– Work closely with project teams to ensure that engineering risks are identified and managed.
– Responsible for ensuring technical specifications are correctly selected and implemented, and ensuring quality is delivered for all engineering deliverables.
– Liaise with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure that engineering forms part of the project decision-making process.
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
– Qualification in a relevant engineering discipline and preferably be either a Chartered Engineer or working towards this. SSEN fully recognises, encourages and supports our engineers in this and their continued professional development.
– Demonstrable experience and technical knowledge of the Transmission network (or comparable industries) and its associated design and standards.
– Experience in leading engineering teams to deliver efficiently coordinated and value-engineered design solutions.
– Experience in line managing or coaching others to maximise their performance and support their personal development.
– Confidence in your ability to technically assess any potential problems and critically assess a range of technical solutions.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK’s greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
What’s in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for ‘Inclusion & Diversity at SSE‘ to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online with a covering letter detailing why you are interested in this position and SSEN, and I’ll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Stephanie on 01738 342963.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you’ll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
To apply for this job please visit www.aplitrak.com.