SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that’s more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible, however our preference is that you will be based in one of our key UK or Ireland sites, which includes but is not limited to:- Glasgow, Perth, Aberdeen, Inverness, Reading, Havant, Belfast or Dublin.
Salary: £32,329 – £39,463 + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: 12 Months Fixed Term Contract or Secondment | Full Time | Flexible working options available
What is the Role?
Finance Transformation is a 3-5 year programme which will initially simplify its processes, systems, controls and data and then embark on a “Digital” journey so its Finance function is fit for purpose and can move in an agile way to support the implementation of the ambitious SSE strategy.
The Communication & change analyst will actively support the Change team to design, develop and support the Finance Transformation Programme initiatives. They will play a key role in ensuring that all Finance colleagues are aware, informed and engaged in the programme.
Reporting to the Finance Transformation Change Lead, they will be responsible for;
– Supporting all aspects of the change strategy to gain trust, understanding and buy-in from stakeholders.
– Supporting the delivery of an innovative communication & engagement plan for the programme initiatives.
– Drafting compelling and creative communication materials in conjunction with the project team.
– Working with the project team to engage, manage and measure the change impact across all Finance teams.
– Support the further development of the Finance Transformation hub which acts as a central repository for all programme content.
– Ad-hoc support for the finance teams to ensure they are equipped and enabled to adapt to changes.
– Assisting with the set-up, mobilisation and ongoing support of a Change Agent Network across finance.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
– Experience in the change, communication & engagement area, delivering into project lifecycles, preferably in a Transformation Programme.
– Experience of influencing and negotiating effectively; excellent stakeholder management skills.
– A strong understanding of communication & engagement and best practices.
– Ability to think strategically, keeping the overall organisational and Finance vision in mind and relating this to business needs.
About our Business
Our SSE Finance function has a key part to play in fulfilling SSE’s obligations as a UK-listed company, providing expertise and services that can be shared across the SSE Group, and working in partnership with all businesses to provide services tailored to their specific needs. SSE operates in a highly regulated and increasingly competitive environment, and our role is to ensure that we gather, compile, analyse and recommend on the financial strategy for our businesses, identifying opportunities to drive efficiencies and create value for SSE now, and in the future.
What’s in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for ‘Inclusion & Diversity at SSE’ to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I’ll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Francesca on 01738 344763.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you’ll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
To apply for this job please visit www.aplitrak.com.