Salary: £36,900 – £56,500, plus excellent benefits (dependant on skills and experience)
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
As Contract Manager you will be responsible for the commercial management and administration of contracts to ensure successful delivery in accordance with all internal policies and procedures such as the Procurement Manual, Commercial Manual and the LCP Governance Framework Manual. You will support the delivery of departmental KPIs and objectives such as savings in total cost of ownership, value engineering and safety performance.
– Understand and support the development of relationships with main suppliers/contractors and liaise with points of contact on projects/contracts.
– Work with the Category Managers and Procurement Officers (Strategic and Shared Service Centre) to ensure the best approach is taken in sourcing goods, works or services.
– Liaise with peers to review best practice, lessons learned etc.
– Comply with all safety policies and procedures, promote safety and safe working practices both internally and externally to improve safety performance.
– Support the Head of Procurement and Commercial and the Procurement and Commercial Manager(s) in providing a world class procurement and commercial service to internal customers including:-
– Sourcing management/support
– Category management as required/appropriate
– Cost and budget management
– Payment & expenditure management
– Contract administration
– Dispute resolution
– General commercial guidance and support as required.
– Identify supply chain cost reduction opportunities and improvements in the Procurement and Commercial process.
– Provide commercial support to Strategic Procurement Officers in the development and execution of sourcing events as required to support projects including the review of sourcing strategies, providing cost estimates, preparing bills of quantities, analysing submissions, supporting tender interviews and review of contract award recommendations.
– Conduct sourcing events (if required) procuring at lowest cost of ownership and in accordance with the principle of efficiency and best value. This includes covering all commercial, business and legal project risks in contracts and negotiating terms and conditions within own area of responsibility to ensure ongoing value for money throughout the lifetime of the contract.
– Compile, negotiate and award Call Off Contracts in accordance with terms and provisions of Agreements. Managing the interface with suppliers/contractors and internal stakeholders to ensure value for money and appropriate commercial controls are embeded in all contracts.
– Deliver all project(s)/contract(s) within own area of responsibility and approved budget authorisations.
– Manage all post contract commercial matters including negotiating/agreeing compensation events and ensure that the core principles of the Commercial Manual are being implemented.
– Work within own team to ensure processes are aligned and escalate issues. Responsible for ensuring compliance to all internal policies and procedures and audit requirements such as self audits or compliance reviews.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
– Understands the financial aspects and implications of projects.
– Aware of the commercial impact of decisions and the implications on procurement processes.
– Knowledge and experience of contract structure and documentation.
– Awareness of the processes relating to procurement strategy.
– If working for a Regulated Business Unit – Detailed knowledge of UK Utilities Contracts Regulations.
– Knowledge of relevant statutory and legal provisions.
– Detailed knowledge of Company procurement and commercial policies and procedures.
Essential Functional / Technical Skills
– Degree educated or equivalent direct entry to recognised appropriate professional body preferred. [If construction Contracts Manager then Quantity Surveying Degree required]
– Highly numerate with experience of interpreting numerical data
– Experience of drafting and interpreting commercial contracts
– Understanding of the supply chain and how to improve it.
– Sufficient management skills to stand-in for manager if required.
– Highly developed drafting and writing skills.
– IT skills including Word, Excel, Power Point, Oracle Purchasing Systems.
Personal Attributes / Competencies
– Excellent organisation and planning skills, ability to work to deadlines, dealing with changing priorities whilst managing own time effectively.
– Enthusiasm and drive with a flexible approach to work and an ability to adapt to changing business and project priorities.
– Ability to influence users outside own sphere of responsibility.
– Negotiation and influencing skills.
– Conflict resolution skills.
– Excellent communications skills.
– Decision maker.
– Customer focused.
– High self confidence – confidence to challenge the norm and think creatively.
– Self motivated.
– Experience in supporting strategic projects/contracts. Working knowledge of the relevant conditions of contract.
– Sourcing management/support.
– Cost and budget management.
– Payment & expenditure management.
– Contract Administration.
Experience of using procurement related systems e.g. Oracle, Emptoris .
– Recommendations to resolve contract claims or disputes.
We have an excellent benefits package as part of our offering. Here’s a few highlights;
– Generous holiday allowance (you can even buy additional holidays)
– Great share plans
– Group Pension Plan
– One day paid volunteering
– Tailored internal development opportunities
Just click the Apply button to submit your application, it doesn’t take long.
Closing date for applications is 24th July 2019
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. If you’re internal, please notify your line manager before you submit your application. If you’re successful, we’ll conduct some pre-employment checks.
To apply for this job please visit www.ssejobs.co.uk.