SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that’s more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Glasgow
Salary: £45,000 – £55,000 + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
What is the role?
As Contract Manager, you will be responsible for the commercial management and administration of contracts within the Renewables Business Area to ensure successful delivery in accordance with all internal policies and procedures such as the Procurement Manual, Commercial Manual and LCP Governance Framework Manual. You will support the delivery of departmental KPIs and objectives such as savings in total cost of ownership, value engineering and safety performance.
– Lead/Manage the Procurement of essential Work Scopes, procuring at lowest cost of ownership and in accordance with the principle of efficiency and best value. This includes covering all commercial, business and legal project risks in contracts and negotiating terms and conditions with own area of responsibility to ensure ongoing value for money throughout the lifetime of the contract.
– Manage all post contract commercial matters including negotiating/agreeing compensation events and ensure that the core principles of the Commercial Manual are being implemented.
– Comply with all safety policies and procedures, promote safety and safe working practices both internally and externally to improve safety performance.
– Understand and support the development of relationships with main suppliers/contractors and liaise with points of contact on project(s) / contract(s).
– Deliver all project(s) / contract(s) within own area of responsibility and approved budget authorisations.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
– Quantity Surveying Degree or equivalent direct entry to recognised appropriate professional body preferred.
– Experience of drafting and interpreting commercial contracts.
– Experience in supporting strategic projects/contracts. Working knowledge of the relevant contract conditions of contract.
– Experience of; Estimating, Sourcing management/support, Cost and budget management, Contract Administration.
– Awareness of the process relating to procurement strategy.
About our Business
At SSE, we own more than 500 property assets and several thousand land assets, which are located across the length and breadth of the UK and Ireland. Our Procurement & Commercial, Property and Facilities Management teams are responsible for helping the business to procure services and materials in a timely and cost-effective way, and for ensuring SSE offers a safe, modern, fit-for-purpose property portfolio. We work right across the SSE Group, ensuring our businesses gets the best possible service and value from our supplier network, as well as ensuring all service providers are compliant and continue to meet contractual obligations and business need.
What’s in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for ‘Inclusion & Diversity at SSE’ to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be submitted online, and I’ll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Francesca on / 01738 344763.
EXTERNAL: Before commencing employment with SSE, you’ll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
INTERNAL: As a courtesy, please let your current line manager know you are applying.
To apply for this job please visit www.aplitrak.com.