Base Location: Perth / Inverness / Glasgow (with travel to Site when necessary)
Salary: Up to £59,000 + car/allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
What is the role?
Exciting opportunities have arisen for Contract Managers to join our Procurement and Commercial team to support the Networks Transmission business, which has secured an extensive capital development programme over the next ten year period to increase the network regulatory asset value to an estimated £12bn. The roles are required to support the growth of our countries’ electricity transmission network and the transition to Net Zero through connection of renewable energy sources.
Working within a Project Team this will involve:
– You will also support the Procurement and Commercial Manager and their teams providing a world class procurement and commercial service to internal customers, ensuring all aspects of delivery are following internal controls as established through the Large Capital Projects Governance and Commercial Manuals
– Support and lead on procurement activities such as the development of Project procurement strategies, managing the procurement process, negotiation of contract terms and conditions and price through to contract award whilst ensuring compliance with the Utilities Contracts (Scotland) Regulations 2016
– Cost estimating to the required standard and accuracy. Ensure all relevant evidence is included within the estimate to justify to internal and external stakeholders such as Ofgem
– Cost and budget management via regular cost reporting and ensuring change management procedures are adhered to
– Provide robust post contract commercial management which will support the project goals and objectives including negotiating/agreeing compensation events and ensuring that the core principles of the Commercial Manual are being implemented.
– Supporting the regulatory process by achieving successful outcomes. This will require an understanding of re-openers such as Large Onshore Transmission Investments re-opener (LOTI re-opener) process via Ofgem which provides electricity Transmission Owners (TOs) with a route to apply for funding for large investments in the network
What do I need?
– Working knowledge of the relevant conditions of contract which include NEC or FIDIC.
– Understands the financial aspects and implications of projects along with awareness of the commercial impact of decisions and the implications on procurement processes.
– Can demonstrate experience and competency on all cost management issues including cost reporting, forecasting, accrual management and supply chain payment.
– Knowledge of relevant statutory and legal provisions and detailed knowledge of procurement and commercial policies and procedures.
– Highly numerate with experience of interpreting numerical data & experience of drafting and interpreting commercial contracts with and understanding of the supply chain and how to improve it.
– Professional qualifications – MRICS desirable
– Quantity Surveying degree or equivalent
– Minimum 5 years experience of managing contracts on projects or programmes of work of £5-30M
About our Business
At SSE, we own more than 500 property assets and several thousand land assets, which are located across the length and breadth of the UK and Ireland. Our Procurement & Commercial, Property and Facilities Management teams are responsible for helping the business to procure services and materials in a timely and cost-effective way, and for ensuring SSE offers a safe, modern, fit-for-purpose property portfolio. We work right across the SSE Group, ensuring our businesses gets the best possible service and value from our supplier network, as well as ensuring all service providers are compliant and continue to meet contractual obligations and business need.
Whats in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for ‘Inclusion & Diversity at SSE to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I’ll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact / 01738 344763.
EXTERNAL: Before commencing employment with SSE, you’ll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
To apply for this job please visit www.aplitrak.com.