About the Role
Base Location: Melksham, Swindon, Andover or Oxford
Salary: £35,142 – £40,246 + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Full Time | Flexible First options available
The primary function of this role is to ensure the Region is commercially compliant through their facilities and compliance with internal standards, legal and regulatory requirements.
– Coordinate and monitor all legal and regulatory compliance vehicle returns to ensure regional standards are met.
– Ensuring the regions (c. 250 driving staff) permit to drives are in date and fit for purpose.
– Ensure all tools are calibrated and within their lifespan.
– You will actively drive productivity by ensuring staff know our numbers so that productivity and compliance targets are achieved. If any targets are missed, you’ll ascertain why and seek corrective action, sharing learning with colleagues to create a culture of continuous improvement. Highlight and follow through all quality issues the team have encountered or created, including anything causing delays or preventing delivering right first time, every time and resolving these issues or escalating if required.
– Assisting with the regional fleet including servicing, break downs and ordering new vehicles.
– Depot security including arranging PAC (physical access control) access and ordering badges.
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
– Previous experience in a facilities management and/or compliance role.
– Ability and knowledge to engage at all levels and instil a high performing culture.
– Relevant operational / technical experience and knowledge.
– An ability to communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders and to build relationships to achieve business outcomes.
– IT skills to effectively analyse performance data and deliver formal presentations.
– The role will involve travel to other sites therefore a current driving license is essential.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net-zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we’re ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life’s changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
What’s in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for ‘Inclusion & Diversity at SSE‘ to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I’ll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Shirley on 01738 351976.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you’ll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.
To apply for this job please visit www.aplitrak.com.