We’re proud to have been a Principal Partner for COP26, the UN Climate Change Conference, and are leading the way to provide the energy needed now, while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
To reach net zero by 2050, we’re looking for people who can bring big ideas, new skills and innovative thinking to help us build a world that’s more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
So join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Perth
Salary: £19,778 – £26,120 pro rata + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Part-Time | Flexible First options available
The key responsibilities as a Customer Service Call Advisor are:
– Responsible for talking to our customers when they experience an issue with their electricity supply, providing them with regular updates, offering welfare and support for priority service customers.
– Dealing with customer complaints as the first point of contact and be responsible for maintaining a 1st class service to all our customers.
– This role is shift work as we are a 24/7 business and therefore you’ll be required to work between the hours of 6.30am to 11pm on a rota basis which includes bank holidays and a 1 in 6 standby requirements.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
– Previous experience in a customer focused role, preferably with experience working within a fast paced or contact centre environment.
– You will be required to communicate with a variety of different customers over the phone therefore excellent verbal communication skills are essential and excellent attention to detail to ensure we comply with the industry regulations placed on us.
– A basic understanding of the Distribution Energy Sector would be an advantage.
– You should be organised, flexible and self-motivated, with strong time management skills. This is a busy role therefore it is important that you can prioritise and coordinate tasks to meet customer needs.
– You should be able to demonstrate the ability to work independently and within a team. You must have good computer skills and can multitask and think on your feet including the flexibility to support your colleagues, provide information to other teams and focus on delivery of customer service goals.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we’re ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life’s changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
Life at SSE
If you’re considering a career with us, you’re probably wondering what’s in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we’re proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we’re proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra ‘if it’s not safe, we don’t do it’.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I’ll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Debbie on 01738 342939.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you’ll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
To apply for this job please visit www.aplitrak.com.