SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, our SSE Renewables (SSER) business continues to be at the forefront of our growth plans, and our ambition to build a world that’s more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come. We are proud to be playing a critical role in the net zero transition, as we aim to more than treble the net capacity in operation to 13GW and grow renewable energy output five-fold to over 50TWh over the next 10 years.
About the Role
Base Location: Glasgow or Perth
Salary: £22,800 – £34,200 depending on skills and experience + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
What is the Role?
As Development Administrator, you will provide effective and efficient administration support to the Onshore Project Development Team. In this fast-paced role a key part will involve establishing and maintaining quality governance for administrative processes and multi-tasking to meet demanding priorities. You will be responsible for a number of tasks, including:
– Assisting the team with finance administration including raising manual payment requests and purchase orders, receipting payments, liaising with accounts payable and other teams in the business units to ensure efficient payment of invoices.
– Ensuring all emerging individual and team training requirements are identified, planned and appropriately actioned.
– Assisting in the planning and coordination of project and business events and conferences.
– Supporting the integration team with identifying and implementing processes and solutions as the business expands internationally.
– Working closely with Project and Consents Managers to prepare and compile key documentation and take minutes when required.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would like you to have:
– Excellent knowledge of O365 applications, including SharePoint and Excel as well as a sound understanding of Harmony or similar E-Business suites.
– Great people skills and ability to comfortably communicate with colleagues at all levels of the organisation in a professional and responsible manner.
– Outstanding organisational skills with the capability to manage and prioritise your workload efficiently.
– A good work ethic and positive, can-do attitude with the ability to solve problems using your own initiative.
About our Business
SSE Renewables is a leading developer and operator of renewable energy, with growth ambitions to treble our renewable energy output by 2030. We drive new growth by identifying, developing, building and operating high quality assets across the UK, Ireland and internationally. As our ambitions and projects grow, so do our teams, meaning we can offer a great selection of opportunities, training and development to support your career.
What’s in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for ‘Inclusion & Diversity at SSE’ to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I’ll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Pamela on 01738 342002.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you’ll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
To apply for this job please visit www.aplitrak.com.