About the Role
Base Location: Inverness, Aberdeen, Perth or Glasgow
Salary: £63,000 – £80,000 + car/allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Engineering Manager to support a team of multidiscipline engineers to deliver innovative and value-adding engineering solutions across our portfolio of projects. You will ultimately play a pivotal role in providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity, being at the core of the delivery of a “Network for Net Zero”.
The key duties & responsibilities will be:
– Ensuring appropriate engineering resources are in place to support a £200m+ portfolio of projects, including inhouse staff resources as well as procurement of consultants where required.
– Driving the personal development and performance of a talented pool of engineers to fulfil their potential, as well as supporting the growth of the team with the recruitment of new team members.
– Ensure sound engineering practices and innovation are incorporated into designs to deliver value for money to the consumer.
– Ensure that the built assets meet the requirement of the Operational users and overall Network.
– Promotion and management of safety in design across project portfolio with particular focus on ensuring compliance with relevant legislation and effective delivery of CDM Principal Designer and Designer roles.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
– Qualified in a relevant engineering discipline, preferably a Chartered Engineer, with extensive experience in a similar environment.
– Relevant technical and commercial knowledge of the Electrical Transmission sector or other relevant industries is preferable.
– Strong experience in supporting, developing and managing high performing engineering teams.
– You’ll be a diligent person, with distinct skills in prioritisation and risk mitigation.
– As you’ll be liaising with a wide range of stakeholders, you’ll need to be able to relay complex and technical messages in an easy-to-understand manner with an ability to negotiate and influence to best serve the whole project portfolio.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK’s greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
What’s in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for ‘Inclusion & Diversity at SSE‘ to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I’ll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Stephanie on 01738 342963.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you’ll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
To apply for this job please visit www.aplitrak.com.