Base Location: Reading or Manchester
Salary: Up to £61,175 + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working options available
What is the Role?
The role of the Technical Development team is to provide IT development and support to the operational Buildings Management business by delivering applications and services to drive efficiencies into our business processes. We also provide tools to both our remote and site-based engineers to enable them, through the use of technology, to minimise the time taken to configure and commission BMS projects and deliver an effective maintenance service.
We provide solutions to enable the business to acquire data from site-based assets for analysis by our Energy Operations & Data Science teams to maximise uptime, energy and operational performance. We are also heavily involved with the evaluation of new and emerging technologies, building POCs to determine business benefits and to secure funding for further development.
We support the development of the SSE Smart Cities & Places and Energy as a Service platforms on Amazon Web Services, working with our off-shore developers & partners to ensure the smooth delivery of these initiatives. We have just completed the development a Smart Buildings Proof of concept by expanding our Smart Cities platform. This SBP is now being presented to our customers for feedback and Pilot engagement.
This role as a Full Stack Developer with experience in AWS is required to work with the technical team and our off-shore partner to define and specify the solutions necessary to develop the platform sufficiently to support business requirements. The role would include design, development and support of the solution on an AWS platform.
– Development – Skilled in AWS cloud technology and able to build and implement the solution and cloud infrastructure to support it.
– Release – Provide support of the release and change management processes required to implement technical changes to our core applications.
– Support – Provide application and system support capability, also input into tasks required for the effective management of red alert, incident and problem management processes. Provide out of hours support as required and agreed with the Delivery Lead.
– Quality – Provide support in ensuring the quality of the technical application elements of internal projects throughout the development lifecycle. Undertake the validation and verification of technical deliverables through QA and test processes.
– Security – Undertake tasks to ensure the access and security of SSEs development and test assets as required.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
– AWS cloud development
Industry specific experience:
– Experience with data technologies, including large scale data analytics (SQL & No SQL server base technologies, Spark, Hbase)
– Familiar with the use of data caching technologies
– Practical Experience of machine learning
– Experience of IOT devices
– An understanding of data and information management, especially in Big Data trends.
– A strong interest in IOT and related technologies
– IT Development background, with agile experience
– Full AWS stack developer with experience in Cloud Formation / Terraform
– Relational and NoSQL database experience
– Experience in React JS, Node JS, HTTP, API Protocols
About our Business
SSE IT underpins the technology needs of all the different businesses that make up the SSE group. From emerging technologies to data and analytics to cyber security – we power SSE’s growth and enable it to generate value, while keeping it secure. As a trusted business partner that helps SSE lead in a low carbon world, we are proud of our service. Working for SSE IT is all about equipping SSE for now and the future.
Life at SSE
If you’re considering a career with us, you’re probably wondering what’s in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we’re proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we’re proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra ‘if it’s not safe, we don’t do it’.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I’ll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact / 01738 275846
Before commencing employment with SSE, you’ll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
To apply for this job please visit www.aplitrak.com.