We’re proud to have been a Principal Partner for COP26, the UN Climate Change Conference, and are leading the way to provide the energy needed now, while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
To reach net zero by 2050, we’re looking for people who can bring big ideas, new skills and innovative thinking to help us build a world that’s more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
So join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Slough, Theale or Hayes
Salary: £22,178 – £29,290 + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
As an HGV/Service driver, you’ll be responsible for:
– Undertaking driving duties on Hotbox Reinstatement lorry or Hi-ab.
– Other related ad hoc tasks as required.
– Standby duties to support the business in responding to faults overnight and at weekends; on a rotated basis.
What do I need?
– You must have previous experience working in a similar role and desirable to hold a current HGV driving license. Class 2 desirable.
– As the duties involved in this role can be physically demanding, and will involve working in all weathers, a ‘can-do’ attitude and excellent team working skills are essential.
– An NRSWA Street works Ticket, HIAB Training and/or any experience of operating plant with relevant tickets/qualifications, are not essential, but would be advantageous.
– Above all you’ll have a high appreciation for safety in everything you do, and work with your team to promote a strong safety culture.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we’re ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life’s changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
Life at SSE
If you’re considering a career with us, you’re probably wondering what’s in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we’re proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we’re proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra ‘if it’s not safe, we don’t do it’.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I’ll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Gerry on 01738 344528.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you’ll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
To apply for this job please visit www.aplitrak.com.