SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, our SSE Renewables (SSER) business continues to be at the forefront of our growth plans, and our ambition to build a world that’s more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come. We are proud to be playing a critical role in the net zero transition, as we aim to more than treble the net capacity in operation to 13GW and grow renewable energy output five-fold to over 50TWh over the next 10 years.
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible Scotland, however our preference is that you will be based in one of our key UK sites, with the ability to travel to Perth when required, which is where the team are based.
Salary: £44,100 – £66,100 depending on skills and experience + car / allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available.
The Industrial Hygiene Manager will be responsible for:
– The delivery of project activity and risk controls related to Industrial Hygiene within SSER.
– Participation in business/SHE Management review, with a specific focus on highlighting performance related to Industrial Hygiene, including continual improvement.
– Driving performance and providing specialist technical support relating to all aspects of Industrial Hygiene within the SSER business, to reduce occupational health risk.
– Assist in and facilitate the development and implementation of effective controls, to ensure that appropriate standards are maintained, and to reinforce and share best practice across the Directorate and the wider SSE group.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
– Experience of managing Occupational Hygiene risks in a high hazard industry, e.g. power generation, fleet based, construction, chemical industry.
– Working with SHE policies and strategies within an asset intensive environment.
– Working knowledge of SHE regulations in the UK and Ireland in line with SSE Business Environment(s).
– Experience in project management or engineering, having previously delivered projects safely.
– Understanding of Operational, maintenance design and construction activities as well as insight into the constraints and opportunities presented by heavily regulated business environment.
What’s in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for ‘Inclusion & Diversity at SSE‘ to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I’ll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Pamela on 01738 342002.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you’ll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.