Base Location: Reading or Havant
Salary: £38,600 – £58,000 depending on skills and experience + annual bonus
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working patterns available
About the Department
Our Procurement and Commercial team are responsible for helping the business to procure services and materials in a timely and cost-effective way. We work right across the SSE Group, ensuring our businesses gets the best possible service and value from our supplier network, as well as ensuring all service providers are compliant and continue to meet contractual obligations and business need.
What is the Role?
The Category Manager is responsible for the execution of a category management approach to the procurement of a specified portfolio of spend to ensure compliance, drive efficiencies, mitigate supply risks and drive down the total cost of ownership to the organisation. The Category Manager is responsible for conducting internal and external analyses and engaging effectively with stakeholders to determine optimum sourcing strategies. They will lead or project manage others to provide a range of sourcing activities in support of category plans and in accordance with all policies and procedures.
The Category Manager will liaise with the Lead Category Manager on a regular basis to provide updates on category performance and provide additional insight through reporting and commentary as required. They will manage the relationship with suppliers and monitor supplier performance, interface with the Business to understand demand for and the impact of sourcing activities and foster relationships with Legal to build robust & agile contracts.
What do I need?
Broad knowledge of markets and various aspects of a group of products and services, with an understanding of the market place. Understand business needs and be able to put them in overall context with knowledge of UK and EU Procurement Legislation
– Good understanding and experience of Category Management and its implementation.
– Minimum of 5 years procurement experience in a similar industry.
– CIPS qualification preferred but not essential
– Personal proven track record in executing complex procurement activities.
– Project management skills
– Broad knowledge of contracts with ability to draft special terms, including dispute procedures
– Knowledge of relevant statutory and legal provisions
– Detailed knowledge of Company procurement policy and procedures
– Understanding of the supply chain and how to improve it.
– Knowledge of Procurement related systems eg Oracle, Emptoris, Achilles Utilities Vendor Database
– Ability to influence people outside own sphere of responsibility
– Advanced negotiation skills
– Highly numerate
– Highly developed drafting and writing skills
– Decision Maker
– Customer Focused
– Influencing and Leadership
– Strategic thinking
– Self confidence – confidence to challenge the norm and think creatively
– Self motivated & resilience
We’re committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Why not watch our short employee benefits video to see what else is on offer?
For more information about this role, or to discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch with email@example.com
We all have different skills here at SSE and that’s what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra ‘if it’s not safe, we don’t do it’.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
To apply for this job please visit www.ssejobs.co.uk.