SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £18 billion in low carbon projects to 2027, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that’s more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
Base Location: Reading or Perth
Salary: £62,324 – £71,370 + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
About the Role
SSE are looking for an experienced Test Manager to lead the growing IT Test Team.
As an IT Test Manager you will be part of a dynamic SSE IT Projects team implementing new IT solutions.
You will be responsible for leading a team of testing professionals and developing quality control procedures for systems and software.
Key responsibilities for this role will include:
– Creating overarching test policies and strategies, setting and maintaining quality assurance standards.
– Leading the delivery of testing of technology solutions with a focus on quality across multiple concurrent workstreams.
– Identification of initiatives to deliver innovative improvements to the test process.
– Establishing and maintaining highly effective relationships with delivery teams, stakeholders at all levels and business teams.
– Continuously monitoring and controlling testing activities, progress reporting to IT Delivery and Quality Lead.
– Mentoring, guiding and setting personal and professional standards for team members and colleagues.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
– Previous experience in Test/Quality Assurance Manager role.
– Knowledge and experience of testing frameworks, fundamentals and testing tools (manual, test automation, functional, non-functional).
– Understanding and experience of Agile based methodologies (project management, design, development and quality assurance).
– Strong communication skills, with an ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
SSE IT underpins the technology needs of all the different businesses that make up the SSE group. From emerging technologies to data and analytics to cyber security – we power SSE’s growth and enable it to generate value, while keeping it secure. As a trusted business partner that helps SSE lead in a low carbon world, we are proud of our service. Working for SSE IT is all about equipping SSE for now and the future.
What’s in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for ‘Inclusion & Diversity at SSE‘ to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I’ll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact David on 01738 275846.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you’ll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
To apply for this job please visit www.aplitrak.com.