SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, our SSE Renewables (SSER) business continues to be at the forefront of our growth plans, and our ambition to build a world that’s more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come. We are proud to be playing a critical role in the net zero transition, as we aim to more than treble the net capacity in operation to 13GW and grow renewable energy output five-fold to over 50TWh over the next 10 years.
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible UK, however our preference is that you will be based in one of our key sites, which includes but is not limited to:- Glasgow, Perth, Aberdeen, Inverness, Reading and Havant.
Salary: £ Competitive depending on skills and experience + Car Allowance + Performance-Related Bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
We are looking for an experienced Land Manager to join our SSE Renewables Team with the key aim of the role being to ensure that all the necessary legal land rights are in place for the development, construction and operation of our renewable energy projects. The role will involve working in project teams across our UK portfolio of development and construction sites to help deliver projects on time and on budget. This role will predominately focus on the negotiation, securing and management of all land agreements required for our onshore renewable projects. This will include responsibility for land negotiations and ensuring we meet our legal obligations to landowners on sites at different stages in the development process both early on during the site identification and assessment phase, throughout the planning consent process and during the project refinement and construction stages.
– Secure all legal land rights at each stage of the project and ensure the rights being secured meet the technical specifications and engineering requirements of the project, are aligned with the planning consent and environmental constraints, and can be delivered within a defined project programme.
– Work collaboratively with and support project consents and engineering / construction teams and manage external project land consultants.
– Prepare detailed land assembly strategies, to include standardised valuation principles and project budget forecasts, and identify project specific land risks and suggest mitigation to ensure potential land issues do not cause any delay to development or construction project programmes.
– Build and manage relationships with key external stakeholders, land agents, landowners and other developers to support the delivery of projects.
What do I need?
Ideally, you’ll have worked in the Power Generation industry in a commercial land role and have experience in the successful delivery of land rights required for major infrastructure projects.
To be considered, we would also love you to have:
– Proven interpersonal, communication and stakeholder management skills, with the ability to be a strong collaborative team player who forms relationships built on trust.
– Outstanding problem-solving skills with a keen eye for attention to detail and the ability to deliver a high standard of written work and record keeping.
– Strong negotiation skills and an appreciation of the contractual relationships between parties, with the ability to manage external professionals by demonstrating an excellent knowledge of various mechanisms to legally secure rights to land.
– A good understanding of the challenges that may be faced in obtaining planning consent for and constructing, major renewable infrastructure projects.
– A degree in a relevant discipline and either have or be working towards professional membership of a relevant technical or professional body (such as RICS, CAAV or similar).
What’s in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for ‘Inclusion & Diversity at SSE’ to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I’ll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Pamela on 01738 342002.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you’ll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
To apply for this job please visit www.aplitrak.com.