About the Role
Base Location: Hampshire – South East
Salary: £25,703 to £29,879 depending on skills and experience + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
We are looking for Network Operatives to join our busy team. You will help drive the transition to net-zero by working within SSEN Operational Safety Rules to carry out inspections on the electrical distribution network, for domestic properties installing low carbon technology (LCT).
Some of your other main responsibilities will include;
– Ensuring the highest level of health, safety and environmental protection is maintained.
– Working to support the values and goals of the organisation putting the needs of customers at the forefront of what we do.
– Ensure compliance of all tools and equipment, and remain up to date on all eLearning. Live operation on the LV Network including testing and fuse replacement (full training provided).
– Scope to progress authorisations further as desired, adult learning opportunities.
What do I need?
This is the ideal role for someone looking to begin their journey with electrical distribution network. To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
– A basic understanding of how a Distribution Network Operator (DNO) operates.
– Previous experience working on the LV network advantageous but not essential.
– An awareness of key stakeholders and customers for electricity distribution.
– An understanding of environmental obligations and respect for the countryside.
– Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work under pressure.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero.
By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we’re ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future.
We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life’s changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
What’s in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for ‘Inclusion & Diversity at SSE’ to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be submitted online, and I’ll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Robert on 01738 341105.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you’ll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
To apply for this job please visit www.aplitrak.com.