Management Opportunities for the Reinforcement of the Fort Augustus to Ardmore line – ISLE OF SKYE
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible Scotland | We’re proud to offer a Flexible First approach to work, and this role is no exception. We will however need your base ‘home’ location to be one of our SSE offices across Scotland (Inverness/Aberdeen/Perth/Glasgow).
RELOCATION OR SUBSISTENCE ALLOWANCE PROVIDED
Salary: £salary Depending on role, skills and experience + car/cash allowance + performance-related bonus+ a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available.
We have fantastic opportunities available to join the Skye 132kV Reinforcement team as we prepare for the Delivery phase during 2024 – 2028. There is continuity of work after 2028 on our evolving pipeline of work over the next 10-15 years.
We have opportunities for:
– Project Managers (c£70,000. Hybrid)
– Assistant Project Managers (c£48,000. Hybrid)
– Site Construction Managers (c£60,000. Onsite 5 days a week)
– Site Construction Supervisors (c£45,000. Onsite 5 days a week)
Please state on your application the position you are interested in.
To be considered for this role, we would like you to have:
– Previous demonstrable experience working on-site on the construction and commissioning of High Voltage Substations/Cabling installation and testing or other similar large construction projects.
– Working knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation and CDM 2015 Regulations – ideally within a substation construction environment.
– Experience working with multiple Contractors/Sub Contractors to drive construction activities to time and budget.
– Previous supervisory or on-site management experience and an understanding of quality requirements and experience in monitoring inspection and test plans. You will be capable of challenging others, resolving conflicts and planning site activities.
– Strong IT (Word, Excel etc) and communication skills are required. A full, current, driving licence as there will be travel involved.
– For all roles, experience in the Electrical Transmission industry would be greatly desirable, but experience in managing major projects from other industries, coupled with the desire and ability to learn will be equally considered.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK’s greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
What’s in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for ‘Inclusion & Diversity at SSE‘ to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I’ll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Stephanie on 01738 342963.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you’ll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
To apply for this job please visit www.aplitrak.com.