About the Role
Base Location: Perth, Glasgow, Aberdeen or Inverness
Salary: Up to £49,000 and a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
This role presents an exciting opportunity to take responsibility for the development, improvement and delivery of the data catalogue operating model which forms a key component of the SSEN Transmission service provision for Data Cataloguing and a key part of managing our data.
The role involves raising awareness and influencing stakeholders to adopt best practice in effectively managing data as an asset; with the ultimate benefit to SSEN Transmission and our stakeholders of having trusted data that meets business intelligence requirements, stakeholder needs, regulatory requirements, delivers operational efficiency and enables innovative analytics to power business growth and accelerate the transition to net zero.
1. Work with SSEN Transmission stakeholders, including Subject Matter Experts, to create and maintain metadata (data about data) using the SSE Group data governance tools. Support the development of a presumed open data marketplace. Ensure that via search capability, meaningful glossary definitions, standardisation and tagging data sources become discoverable and accessible to business users and also external stakeholders. Maintain the appropriate metadata and data dictionary repositories for all data to enable SSEN Transmission and our stakeholders to better understand existing and future datasets.
2. Design and deliver metadata insights using data governance and cataloguing tooling and reporting tools to provide an insight and support continuous improvement on utilisation of data governance and cataloguing tooling.
3. Support the adoption of, and reporting on, uniformly recognised and accepted data management standards and definitions throughout SSEN Transmission. Provide input into the development of the data management frameworks applicable across SSEN Transmission for the effective management of data assets.
4. Provide data management consultancy particularly with regard to business transformation projects in line with SSEN Transmission Value Stream products where data management best practice including data cataloguing is fundamental to success. Promote the wider adoption of data management best practice and utilisation of data governance tooling.
5. Communicate effectively across all business areas and externally, ensuring all required areas are engaged to support and deliver effective and continuously improving data and metadata management.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
1. a passion for data and information, recognising the value which catalogued quality data and metadata can bring to our and our stakeholders decision making capabilities and an understanding of the role which presumed open data and digitalisation will play within SSEN Transmission and the wider energy industry to accelerate our transition to net zero.
2. a good understanding of data management best practice and data maturity improvements, including a thorough appreciation of the benefits of a data governance framework.
3. operational familiarity in the use of data governance, data quality and meta data management tools.
4. the courage to bring new ideas, new skills and innovative thinking to help us improve our data quality and support our stakeholder needs and our regulatory and legal data requirements.
5. excellent stakeholder management skills, with the ability to use empathy and understanding to direct cross-functional teams to successful delivery.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK’s greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
Whats in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for ‘Inclusion & Diversity at SSE to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I’ll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact / 01738 275 846.
EXTERNAL: Before commencing employment with SSE, you’ll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
To apply for this job please visit www.aplitrak.com.