We’re proud to have been a Principal Partner for COP26, the UN Climate Change Conference, and are leading the way to provide the energy needed now, while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
To reach net zero by 2050, we’re looking for people who can bring big ideas, new skills and innovative thinking to help us build a world that’s more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
So join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Aberdeen, Inverness or Perth
Salary: £41,307 – £54,556 + car allowance + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
An opportunity has arisen for a Portfolio Investment Engineer to join our team in Aberdeen, Inverness or Perth. As a Portfolio Investment Engineer you will:
– Identify project opportunities and specify the works required to optimise the performance and condition of the existing assets on our network.
– Make project proposals through detailed investment papers and cost benefit analytics to ensure that we are delivering efficient, co-ordinated and economic solutions that support our statutory licence conditions.
– Assess network performance, asset condition and network capacity and make recommendations for improvements to meet the current and future requirements.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
– Qualified to a minimum of HNC level in Electrical Engineering, have a detailed knowledge of distribution networks or similar market sector.
– Commercial awareness with a passion for solving problems by developing cost efficient solutions and an ability to drive business strategies.
– Be a confident communicator with the ability to produce reasoned justifications in structured written reports.
– Comfortable organising, planning and prioritising your workload to achieve demanding targets and deadlines.
– Experience using network modelling software packages such as SinCal and/or PSSe would be advantageous.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we’re ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life’s changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
Life at SSE
If you’re considering a career with us, you’re probably wondering what’s in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we’re proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we’re proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra ‘if it’s not safe, we don’t do it’.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I’ll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Jim on 01738 341514.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you’ll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
To apply for this job please visit www.aplitrak.com.