About our Business
SSE Thermal is on a mission to deliver the flexible energy needed today while powering the transition to net zero. Our 600+ employees play a crucial role in keeping the lights on across the UK and Ireland and we’re rising to the low-carbon challenge with our teams at the cutting-edge of vital technologies. We’re developing ground-breaking carbon capture and storage projects and progressing plans for what could be the world’s first hydrogen-fired power station, as well as a major hydrogen storage facility and exploring other exciting options as we decarbonise. We’ve already achieved a lot – but we’re just getting started. As part of SSE, which is investing £24bn this decade, we’re at the forefront of the energy transition – so come join us as we continue to grow and power change.
To find out more, read this blog from Catherine Raw, our Managing Director, on our critical role in delivering net zero.
About the Role
Base Location: Aldbrough
Salary: £39,415 – £45,136 + shift allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Shift Rota Days/Nights | Flexible First options available
SSE Thermal have a fantastic opportunity for a Production Technician to join our Gas Storage Business. You will be part of a small operational shift team reporting into a Shift Engineer.
Key Responsibilities include;
– Carrying out various operational activities including plant operations, plant isolations, commissioning, testing, basic maintenance, gas quality control, repair, outages, and environmental monitoring.
– Working within the Safe Systems of Work ensuring all work is executed safely and efficiently.
– Maintaining the site integrity through recording of work activities to satisfy storage and legal requirements. These will include carrying out Isolations, Atmosphere Testing and Work Control Document issuing.
– Assist in the preparation of reports and provide guidance and give technical advice to site personnel including Contractors. You will ensure optimum performance, reliability and safety of through close monitoring of process equipment ensuring compliance with operational and legal requirements and participate in environmental monitoring.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
– NVQ in an Engineering or science related discipline. You should preferably have experience of working in an operational role, working on large scale processing plant. Experience in delivering the accountabilities outlined would be advantageous.
– Excellent communication skills with great interpersonal and relationship building skills.
– Ability to problem solve and work independently.
– As you will be required to travel to different sites and attend training off site, it is essential that you have a full driving licence.
What’s in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for ‘Inclusion & Diversity at SSE‘ to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I’ll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Hannah on 01738 341147.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you’ll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
To apply for this job please visit www.aplitrak.com.