Base Location: Cambridge or Colchester, Essex
Salary: Competitive salary, plus car/car allowance and bonus
Working Pattern: 37 hours | Permanent | Flexible Working Patterns Available
About the Company
SSE Enterprise Contracting is one of the UK’s largest Mechanical and Electrical (M&E) contractors with a product/service portfolio ranging from M&E LV, HV, Instrumentation, Street Lighting and Facilities Management.
What is the Role?
Operating in a dynamic environment, we deliver a large and varied portfolio of Mechanical, Electrical and High Voltage Contracts and Projects throughout the UK with values from £50k to £5m. You will manage a small team of Quantity Surveyors and work closely with the Regional Director and Business Managers.
Duties will include:
– Pre-Contract support – review and negotiate Terms & Conditions, assisting with Tenders, Bids and negotiations to manage and minimise risk in line with our Corporate Governance
– Ensuring professional and proactive end to end Commercial Management and Contract Administration is effectively supported on Contracts and Projects
– Taking a proactive approach to providing commercial support and resolving issues and disputes
– Ensuring entitlement to recovery of revenue, variations and costs are fully demonstrated and recovered in accordance with the Contract
– Improving accuracy and robustness of Budgets & Forecasts
– Supporting implementation and embedding of Commercial processes
– Managing Subcontractors and Supply Chain to deliver the project objectives and minimise disputes, claims and domestic variations
– Ensuring timely issue and receipt of Valuations, Applications, Payment Notices along with critical focus on WIP, Debt and Cashflow
– Providing general advice, challenge and support on contractual matters, including; tender settlements, subcontract negotiations, preparing and reviewing CVRs, settling final accounts, claims, variations, monthly P&L reviews, and budgeting & forecasting.
Your responsibilities will also extend to analysing and reporting on contractual and commercial risk associated with main contracts and sub contracts/supplier agreements and providing advice on the prevention and resolution of commercial and legal issues. You will also provide regular training and updates to constantly increase the commercial awareness and management of the regional team.
What Do I Need?
To be successful in this role, you’ll be educated to degree level in Quantity Surveying, with significant experience in a commercial contracting environment, ideally with a Building Services or M&E subcontractor. You’ll have a strong understanding of construction contracts, with good analytical skills as well as attention to detail.
Finally, you’ll be an effective communicator with excellent negotiation skills and be flexible and pragmatic. You should also be able to identify and suggest innovative and effective business improvements.
As this role requires an element of occasional travel, a full UK driving licence is essential in this role.
We’re committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package.
All applications should be submitted online however to discuss any adjustments you may require submitting your application please get in touch with We’ll let you know the outcome of your application after the closing date.
If you successfully secure a role with us, you’ll be required to complete our pre-employment screening process before joining.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that’s what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra ‘if it’s not safe, we don’t do it’.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
To apply for this job please visit www.aplitrak.com.