Base Location: Flexible UK | We’re proud to offer a Flexible First approach to work, and this role is no exception. We will, however need your base ‘home’ location to be one of our SSE offices or depots around the UK and Ireland.
Salary: Base + Bonus + Car/Cash Allowance + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | with flexible working options available
What is the Role?
We have an exciting career opportunity to join our Smart Energy System. As an innovative team, culture is at the heart of everything that we do. We encourage and foster a collaborative working environment, which includes the widespread adoption of hybrid working and the option to work a remotely (UK) wide.
We are looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer with a good understanding of electrical systems that can help deliver the net zero transition. The team has an established track record of designing building services to deliver energy efficiency and decarbonisation across several national frameworks. The growth ambition for the team, is to design, building, own and operate Smart Energy Systems that support data centres, campuses, and large commercial developments.
In this role you’ll be responsible for.
– Leading mechanical services design on large projects, and take overall project lead on small to medium sized projects; across key sectors including Higher Education and Colleges, Hospitality and Leisure, Commercial, Local Authority and Industrial
– Development of initial strategic concepts for projects surveying sites and ensuring solutions are appropriate for the brief and regulatory standards.
– Designing mechanical engineering systems at the highest level using the latest software design packages. Competency in AutoCAD
– Technical and financial design and analysis of projects and working with project development mangers to appraise investment decisions for SSE.
– Delivery of multiple projects across various project development stages.
– Producing high quality bid documentation, delivering compelling client- and public-facing reports and presentations.
– Engage with junior support staff in their day-to-day activities and offer advice and guidance to ensure that they develop their skills, and we get the best out of our people.
Looking at new ways of working and taking time out for innovation and research ensuring we keep abreast of our competitors.
You’ll support the delivery teams during pre and post-construction with engineering deliverables.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we’d love you to have:
– Previous consultancy experience and excellent technical knowledge in Mechanical Design Engineering, thorough understanding of Building Services Engineering and interdisciplinary design through all stages of the design process.
– Advanced proficiency with MS Excel and/or python and ability to create complex calculation workbooks.
– Experience with energy performance contracts and knowledge of energy markets & economics would be desirable.
– Energy, concept design, production of technical specifications, techno-economic analysis, feasibility, procurement, and project implementation.
– Ideally a Chartered Engineer or working towards professional registration with either the Ameche or CIBSE.
About our Business
SSE Enterprise Utilities is the Distributed Energy (DE) and Private Networks business of SSE plc. We finance, own, operate and maintain energy infrastructure for commercial, industrial and residential customers – providing them with a market leading project development service and certainty of operational performance and asset management.
What’s in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for ‘Inclusion & Diversity at SSE‘ to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I’ll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Natalie on 01738 275615.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you’ll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
To apply for this job please visit www.aplitrak.com.