SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that’s more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
Base Location: Flexible, however our preference is that you will be based in one of our key UK or Ireland sites, which includes but is not limited to:- Glasgow, Perth, Aberdeen, Inverness, Reading, London, Havant, Belfast or Dublin.
Salary: £37,600 – £56,400 + performance-related bonus + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Fixed Term Contract / Secondment 24 months | Full Time | Flexible First options available
SSE has recently embarked on a 3 – 5 year, £20m Finance Transformation Programme spanning all areas of the business to support SSE’s strategy and will transform our Finance teams across its systems, processes, and people.
During its initial phase of Finance Transformation, the programme delivered a series of path clearing activities to simplify its processes, systems, data, and controls that underpin a successful implementation of SSE Finance’s future Systems and Data Roadmap.
Now entering the first of two implementation phases of the Programme, the focus will be delivery of Finance Systems and Data roadmap. This is pivotal to our success in achieving the objectives of Finance’s “Digital Journey” and a high-profile enabler of SSE’s ambitious growth strategy.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Data/Business Analyst to join the newly created Finance Data and Reporting CoE team to support the delivery of key data initiatives in scope of SSE Finance’s System and Data strategic roadmaps.
Reporting to the Finance Data Lead, the post holder will be critical to the development and implementation of a Finance Data Framework, being responsible for building, managing and optimising data processes and data analysis. The role holder will work closely with the Finance Data teams on governance and security and develop Finance Data Management and Data Quality processes within the Finance function of SSE.
– Listen to and interpret the needs of technical and business stakeholders
– Proactively engage with the Finance Transformation programme, Finance/other Business SMEs, and Corporate Data Services team
– Define and set Finance Data standards
– Develop processes to enable robust data management practices
– Advocate data governance and data management standards
– Implement a Finance Data Quality dashboard
– Define and agree KPIs for on-going monitoring and tracking
– Specify how data should be cleansed and prepared
Data Visualisation and Linkage
– Document the Finance Data lineage (ERP, multi finance systems and feeder systems)
– Work with other data professionals to improve modelling and integration standard.
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
– Degree / post graduate in a relevant field (ideally Accounting or IT)
– Well developed analytical and problem-solving skills, with an awareness of digital analytical tools and data manipulation products.
– Finance Domain knowledge with demonstrable expertise of finance data, finance systems and reporting solutions.
– Well developed communication skills, capable of explaining complex technical problems in a simple, structured and compelling way to business stakeholders.
– Experience of Oracle products would be advantageous.
– Experience of utility sector or other capital intensive organisations would be advantageous.
– Experience with Microsoft Azure data stack (Azure Dev Ops, Azure Data Factory, Azure Databricks, SQL) is desirable; Knowledge of Power Automate and Power App.
– Experience of data modelling tools (Erwin would be advantageous).
Technology awareness across a broad range of technologies, including:
– Informatica (Axon, EDC)
– High level of proficiency with general toolsets including Excel (Power Queries, Pivot), Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Teams.
– Windows Server 2008/R2, 2012/R2, 2016, 2019 server background on both physical and virtual (VMware/Hyper V) infrastructure.
– Microsoft technologies – SQL / Biztalk / .NET / Dynamics / O365 / Cortex / TEAMS / TEAMS Telephony.
– Azure SaaS, IaaS and PaaS components.
– Networking / IP / DNS / DHCP / Routing / Firewalls / SDWAN / Telephony.
Our SSE Finance function has a key part to play in fulfilling SSE’s obligations as a UK-listed company, providing expertise and services that can be shared across the SSE Group, and working in partnership with all businesses to provide services tailored to their specific needs. SSE operates in a highly regulated and increasingly competitive environment, and our role is to ensure that we gather, compile, analyse and recommend on the financial strategy for our businesses, identifying opportunities to drive efficiencies and create value for SSE now, and in the future.
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for ‘Inclusion & Diversity at SSE‘ to find out more.
All applications should be made online, and I’ll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact / 01738 344763
Before commencing your role with SSE, you’ll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.
To apply for this job please visit www.aplitrak.com.