DWF are seeking a Paralegal to join their Lender Services team in Manchester
Main function of job:
To utilise the DWF Case Management System to efficiently progress volume legal matters through to completion, from the issue of county court proceedings to any subsequent enforcement activity, in accordance with the client service level agreement, DWF values and FCA’s Treating Customers Fairly outcomes. Act as a responsible representative of the Firm and contribute, wherever possible, to the success of the business through the on-going development of client relationships.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Qualified to degree level or above, or with a proven track record in dealing with cases through the litigation/enforcement process.
- Proficient in basic use of IT and in undertaking administrative activity.
- Good communication skills with a professional approach to clients/customers.
- Ability to solve problems and pay attention to detail.
- Previous experience of working in a commercial environment is preferred.
- To effectively action volume Consumer Credit Act legal matters, with supervision, to successfully recover monies for major commercial clients.
- To action matters in line with practice group/client service standards and protocols and regulatory framework (as applicable).
- To work efficiently and utilise the Case Management System to generate fees for the Firm by promoting speedy settlement whilst also getting the best possible outcome for the client and the consumer.
- To ensure client care in all cases including:
- behaving in a manner which makes consumers feel confident that fair treatment is central to the DWF culture;
- identifying and targeting the needs of the consumer appropriately;
- providing the consumer with clear information and keeping them informed throughout the process;
- providing advice which is suitable and takes account of the consumer’s circumstances;
- ensuring that the customer gets what has been agreed;
- treating customers reasonably and being open to considering their changing needs; and
- maintaining client confidentiality at all times.
- To analyse risk and develop sound judgement in the management of matters.
- Ability to handle volume calls and conduct those calls within the firms call recoding framework and in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- To prioritise work efficiently and effectively to ensure client service level agreements and deadlines are met.
- To ensure that client relationships are maintained at all times and developed where possible, supporting client development initiatives/events as appropriate.
- To ensure that you comply with the procedures of the business as set out in any core materials, manuals and training materials.
- To comply with the relevant training as required by the business.