Base Location: Reading, Portsmouth or Oxford
Salary: £44,100 – £66,100 + performance-related bonus + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
SSEN are looking to recruit a Senior Planner who will work as part of the new large capital delivery function to deliver high value projects across the 2 SSEN license areas. This will include:
– Line management of Trainee & Project Planners including objective setting, performance reviews, absence monitoring and development of best practices and procedures. Attending and leading the planning team meetings.
– Create and implement a top-down approach in respect of the plans and schedules that support the project work.
– Supervise, baseline, issue and implement logic driven schedules that meet the time, cost and quality requirements of the project.
– Update schedules with actual progress and forecast remaining durations. Prepare and issue status reports and carry out schedule analysis that effectively communicates schedule status and identifies critical paths. Help define corrective actions to be used by the business to mitigate delays.
– Liaise with project teams, contractors, site management and commercial teams throughout the project lifecycle to effectively report on project progress, risks and contingency plans.
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
– Project Planning experience, working within large, multi-contract Engineering and Construction projects, such as oil and gas transmission and distribution, MOD, power/nuclear, rail and highway including building fully integrated complex activity networks and maintaining portfolio schedules.
– Ability to work with package and project managers, interface manager and 3rd party contractors to identify portfolio pinch points, interface issues and potential clashes and identify optimal solutions.
– Experienced and skilled user of Primavera P6.
– Experience portfolio assurance of large capital complex projects.
– Commercial Awareness – knowledge of construction contracting structures (e.g. NEC3/4).
SSEN Distribution powers 3.8 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 3,500 people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital to achieving net zero. By enabling a smarter, more resilient electricity network we’re ensuring our local communities continue to receive the power they need, both now and in the future. We are consistently investing and innovating to improve network resilience and future-proof power supplies for life’s changing demands, from rolling out large scale EV charging schemes to supporting small community generation projects.
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for ‘Inclusion & Diversity at SSE‘ to find out more.
All applications should be made online, and I’ll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Jim on 01738 341514.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you’ll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.
To apply for this job please visit www.aplitrak.com.