Base Location: Perth, Glasgow, Reading
Salary: £45,000 – £67,800 depending on skills and experience + bonus
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time, 37 hours | Flexible Working options available
What is the Role?
Reporting to the Head of Legal for Group Corporate, you will be responsible for providing legal support to a variety of stakeholders across the SSE Group. The role will involve acting on M&A, joint ventures, international development opportunities, Group corporate governance and best practice matters, corporate restructuring, commercial contracts and Group procurement work.
What do I need?
The successful candidate for the role will ideally have the following;
– Qualified lawyer with, as a guide, circa 5-7 years PQE;
– A comprehensive understanding of the legal and commercial issues that are pertinent to the SSE Group and the energy market;
– Broad experience of corporate and commercial matters, including corporate governance and drafting and leading negotiations on commercial agreements;
– A passion to work as part of a high performing team, sharing knowledge, best practice and supporting colleagues;
– Comfortable working independently and leading their own matters;
– Proactive and pragmatic approach to giving legal advice and support in a clear and concise manner;
– Confident and resilient in their approach to their work, legal skills and knowledge; and
– Willing to take an active role in supporting more junior members of the team.
About our Business
Our in-house SSE Legal function operates across the SSE Group to ensure business actions and behaviours are aligned to business priorities, are legally sound, and reinforce a culture of integrity, quality, responsibility and ethical behaviour. We identify and rationalise legal risk, providing advice on both regulatory and statutory obligations, all whilst helping the business to achieve their strategic goals.
Life at SSE
If you’re considering a career with us, you’re probably wondering what’s in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we’re proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we’re proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra ‘if it’s not safe, we don’t do it’.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I’ll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact
EXTERNAL: Before commencing employment with SSE, you’ll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
INTERNAL: As a courtesy, please let your current line manager know you are applying.
To apply for this job please visit www.aplitrak.com.