We’re proud to have been a Principal Partner for COP26, the UN Climate Change Conference, and are leading the way to provide the energy needed now, while building a better world of energy for tomorrow.
To reach net zero by 2050, we’re looking for people who can bring big ideas, new skills and innovative thinking to help us build a world that’s more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
So join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Perth, Glasgow or Reading (preferred). Other locations will be considered, however there may be a requirement for you to travel to one of our key sites c2-3 days per week on average.
Salary: £53,300 – £79,900 car allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent Secondment | Full Time | Flexible First options available
SSE have an exciting opportunity to join the Technology Risk element of SSEs Group Risk and Audit function as a Senior Technical Cyber Security Auditor. As a technical specialist, you will operate in a dynamic work environment acting as a positive catalyst for change through providing constructive appraisal, insight and challenge, interpreting any technical security exceptions in the context of business risk.
As a Senior Cyber Security Auditor your main responsibilities will include:-
– Working closely with senior business and corporate stakeholders including the Chief Information Security Officer.
– Planning and overseeing the delivery of a programme of independent value adding risk based cyber security audits and other ad-hoc assignments.
– Delivering executive level written reports, communicating technical matters clearly in a non-technical manner and agreeing effective plans for improvement throughout the organisation.
– You will have exposure to both technical and operational IT and OT security of our existing and future operations including digital transformation across all business areas.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would like you to have:-
– Strong business acumen and continual improvement mindset with experience and understanding of effective cyber risk management (e.g. NIST RMF) and security frameworks such as NIST 800-53, ISO27001, CIS and NIS within cyber security auditing and/or cyber risk management roles.
– A willingness to question systems design and processes in a constructive and analytical manner is essential, as are report writing and data analysis skills.
– Ability to engage effectively with stakeholders. You must be a clear and concise communicator (both written and verbally) with the ability to influence and explain technical and / or complex issues clearly in appropriate detail and business context at all levels within the organisation. You will be well organised, flexible, and have an ability to deliver within agreed timescales.
– A qualified information security or information systems audit professional having graduated in computer science or IT.
– A good understanding and experience of threat modelling, cloud security, Active Directory, Microsoft Windows, Linux, Firewall security and network routing.
About our Business
SSE’s Audit, Risk and Assurance teams are responsible for supporting the SSE Group in meeting their risk management responsibilities, ensuring that we meet our obligations under the UK Corporate Governance Code. We undertake assurance reviews right across the business to help identify any risks that may impact our performance, integrity, solvency or liquidity, and offer appropriate recommendations to help mitigate these.
Life at SSE
If you’re considering a career with us, you’re probably wondering what’s in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we’re proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we’re proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra ‘if it’s not safe, we don’t do it’.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I’ll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact / 01738 341390.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you’ll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
To apply for this job please visit www.aplitrak.com.