Base Location: South UK (covering London to Bristol)
Salary: £Competitive + car allowance + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working options available
What is the Role?
The role is an Operational Safety Health & Environmental (SHE) lead role providing support and advice for our Rail Operations / Projects management and leadership team. The role includes
– Providing SHE technical support and advice to our Rail management team.
– Monitoring SHE performance at Rail Operations / Projects level; reporting to Rail team management on good performance / best practice as well as deficiencies and areas of weakness identified.
– Ensuring SHE support is provided with regards to the development and implementation of improvement actions, initiatives and plans.
– Keeping SHE legislation / guidance and SSE policy under review for potential SHE Management System Update and development
– Reports through the Contracting & Rail Business SHE Functional Support Team
What do I need?
We are looking for someone with knowledge and application of SHE management principles and best practice with in a Rail operational arena. Ideally you will be experienced at SHE manager level with over 5 years in a rail industry environment.
To be considered for this role, we would like you to have:
– NEBOSH Diploma / Construction Certificate or equivalent and Chartered Member of IOSH (or actively working towards) as minimum.
– IEMA Practitioner (or actively working towards)
– Personal Track Safety
– A professional approach, be self organised and motivated to positively influence internal and external stake holders
– Good communication and IT skills with a track record of achievement
About our Business
SSE Enterprise Contracting is one of the UK’s largest Mechanical and Electrical (M&E) contractors with a product/service portfolio ranging from M&E LV, HV, Instrumentation, Street Lighting, Facilities Management through to Combined Heat and Power solutions.
Life at SSE
If you’re considering a career with us, you’re probably wondering what’s in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we’re proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we’re proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra ‘if it’s not safe, we don’t do it’.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and we’ll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please get in touch.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you’ll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
To apply for this job please visit www.aplitrak.com.