Base Location: Glasgow, Inverness, Aberdeen or Perth
Salary: £53,000 – £79,000 + car/cash allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working options available
What is the Role?
The key responsibilities of the SHE Support Manager are:
– Supporting the Transmission Leadership Team and their respective teams through key SHE programmes to reduce risk and provide an objective assessment of performance.
– To ensure there is a consistent approach to the review, consultation, issue and implementation of all SHE related management and risk standard documentation across Transmission, aligning with the wider SSE Group.
– Take the lead in key SHE Team programmes including: Workwear/PPE; COSHH, KPI reporting and trend analysis, driving, safety incident reporting and management, SHE communications, and leading the annual SHE auditing programme.
– Actively promote, manage and adapt SMS Management and Risk standards. Provide technical expertise to ensure that appropriate operational standards in relation to SHE risks are appropriately controlled within statutory parameters.
– Working with the Transmission Digital Team to develop and modernise safety management, including apps and tools for auditing, inspection, incident reporting, leading/lagging factors and trend analysis – making safety even more accessible and meaningful to our operational, project and office based teams.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
– Degree qualified or equivalent, preferably in a safety, engineering or STEM subject
– Professional safety qualification or membership
– Extensive SHE experience preferably in utility, process engineering, oil and gas or related industry
– Experience in SHE auditing and Investigation techniques including preparation of the associated reports
– Previous exposure to techniques / tools used for SHE Risk management e.g. PHRs, HAZIDs & PSRs
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK’s greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
Life at SSE
If you’re considering a career with us, you’re probably wondering what’s in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we’re proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we’re proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra ‘if it’s not safe, we don’t do it’.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I’ll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Debbie on 01738 342939.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you’ll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
To apply for this job please visit www.aplitrak.com.