About the Role
Base Location: Belfast
Salary: c. £31,500 (OTE £40,000+) depending on experience and a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
What is the Role?
As part of our ambitious growth plans, we are looking to appoint a target driven sales professional to work within our SME Direct Team. You’ll work with sophisticated medium sized commercial customers and their energy brokers, to sell and renew contracts to electricity and gas customers and introduce Net Zero solutions to customers across the island of Ireland. In this role you will:
– achieve new sales and retention targets through the development and management of commercial customers and where applicable, their energy brokers
– prepare, deliver and follow up pricing proposals and process sales through the required business processes
– build effective long-term relationships with both new and existing customers and brokers, including supporting the in-life service of customers as required
– manage the information flows between the business and various brokers / sales contractors / TPIs and internal pricing and hedging teams
– prepare and deliver face to face sales presentations and pricing proposals
– report on your individual performance and KPIs, and contribute to the overall growth and development of the SME team
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have a strong understanding of the NI / ROI electricity & gas markets, as well as:
– a proven track record in developing and managing successful relationships (preferably in a sales environment)
– strong commercial acumen and an entrepreneurial flair, coupled with a confident, organised and professional mindset
– experience in manipulating and presenting financial information in a sales environment, often to tight deadlines
– the ability to use MS office products, work flexibly and cope with multiple pricing requirements / deadlines
– strong communication and interpersonal skills, capable of building and maintaining business relationships
– the ability to persuade and influence energy brokers and / or direct customers
About our Business
SSE is a multinational energy company listed on the FTSE 100, with a vision “to be a leading energy company in a net zero world“. Were investing in £24bn+ by the end of the decade to help deliver our Net Zero Acceleration Programme.
Part of SSE Plc, Energy Customer Solutions is the Customer facing division – providing energy and low carbon solutions to over 1.3million customers. We have a strong market position with great customer relationships and expert customer teams working in Belfast, Cardiff, Dublin, Perth, and Reading. Energy Customer Solutions is made up of 2 external brands; we operate under the brands SSE Airtricity (Ireland) & SSE Energy Solutions (GB).
SSE Airtricity is Ireland’s second largest and fastest growing energy provider, supplying around 800,000 domestic and commercial gas, electricity and home energy services customers in the Republic and Northern Ireland. Around 40% of the electricity SSE Airtricity supplies to its customers on an island basis is generated from renewable sources – the greenest energy supply of any provider on the island and over three times the average on an all-island basis.
We have ambitious targets to help our customers on their journey to Net Zero by increasing the accessibility of green energy solutions through the provision of customer-driven propositions and were a partner to customers and stakeholders as they seek ways to respond to the climate crisis.
Help us power change.
Whats in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement (including public holidays), enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for ‘Inclusion & Diversity at SSE to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I’ll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Andy on 01738 340826.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you’ll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
To apply for this job please visit www.aplitrak.com.