Base Location: Reading
Salary: from £32,851 + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Fixed Term Contract – 12 months | Full Time | Flexible working options available
What is the Role?
To lead, motivate and empower the Tax and Remediation (TAR) team to deliver superior customer experience to support our goals of achieving net zero by 2050.
The TAR team deliver several functions in order to ensure that service plans are maintained accurately, bills are issued accurately for all SSE customers including Energy Intensive customers. The team work closely with several other internal teams so collaborative working and relationship building is key. Business Energy VAT auditing is monitored in the TAR team and working with Finance is an absolute must, ensuring we are HMRC compliant.
– Leadership – Ensure problems are resolved without delay escalating where necessary. Celebrate successes and provide recognition of great performance. Lead by example, following SSE’s policies, procedures and employee rules to an exemplary standard. upport and coach your team through change, ensuring communication is engaging and inclusive.
– Excellence in delivering results – Provide regular updates on your team’s performance on business KPIs. Accountable for resource management and work allocation of your team. Ensure your team is adequately resourced and has the right skills to meet work allocated.
– People performance & development – Coach and develop your team to deliver excellent business results and create stretch in people’s roles. Demonstrate an improvement in skills levels each quarter. Set SMART objectives for all team members in line with the company’s Performance Management Guidelines, coaching and managing each team member’s performance against their objectives, ensuring they are focused, measured and reviewed regularly.
– Change Management & Continuous improvement – Responsible for facilitating and enabling change, champion change initiatives to gain buy in and support, providing clear communication. Working with your Customer Services Manager, identify opportunities for improvements that best serve the team, business and customer.
– Compliance and Regulatory – Risk aware and responsible for mitigating risk within the team regards systems, people and processes. Accountable for proactively escalating and highlighting issues as required and responsible for inputting into the risk registers.
– Customer Experience – Lead and grow by example the culture of continuous focus on the customer experience ensuring the customer is at the heart of all we do. Use NPS feedback and call listening to coach team members to improve customer experience.
– Health and Wellbeing – Act as an ambassador for a safe and healthy working environment and lifestyle, ensuring that your team is aware of, and able to access all SSE’s interventions and expectations in this area.
What do I need?
To be successful in this role you will need to have either previous experience in Tax & Remediation and or experience in a managerial role. You will be commercially and competitor aware, have strong analytical skills and make data driven decision, have a methodical approach, good organisation skills, high professional standards and accuracy ensuring all work is completed to the highest standards and meet compliance.
About our Business
SSE Business Energy’s core business is supplying energy in a reliable and sustainable way to over 500,000 business customers in the UK ranging from start-ups to large national corporates. Through leveraging the strengths of the SSE Group SSE Business Energy is able to support our customers to adopt a sustainable business approach through the provision of renewable energy, energy optimisation services and advice on how to use sustainability to drive business advantage. We work in partnership with all our customers to ensure that they are maximising the value from their energy contract and are using energy as a value generating asset that can influence better planning, greater cost control, improved working and product environments, reduced carbon footprint, stronger brand equity and more engaged staff.
Life at SSE
If you’re considering a career with us, you’re probably wondering what’s in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we’re proud of our benefits package which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we’re proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra ‘if it’s not safe, we don’t do it’.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I’ll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please get in touch.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you’ll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
To apply for this job please visit www.aplitrak.com.