SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £18 billion in low carbon projects to 2027, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that’s more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
Base Location: Glasgow, Perth, Euro Central, Reading or Havant
Salary: £61,100 – £91,700 + car allowance + performance-related bonus + private medical insurance + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
SSE is proud to make a difference. One of the largest and most diverse energy companies in the UK and Ireland involved in the production, storage, distribution and supply of gas and the generation, transmission, distribution and supply of electricity and other energy services to over 6 million customers across our Retail brands. SSE has regularly been voted No.1 for customer satisfaction in multiple independent surveys and is one of the UK’s largest generators of electricity and the UKs largest generator of renewable energy.
SSE has a 5 year+ £1Bn IT transformation Programme spanning all areas of the business to support its continuing strategy. Effectively harnessing Data and Analytics will become an essential strategic capability enabling SSE to continue to operate and compete effectively in its markets and business segments.
delivery of a complex and wide-ranging Infrastructure Delivery Service.
Experience of Infrastructure Services and Delivery, Excellent Stakeholder Management, Commercial, Contractual and Supplier Management skills are therefore required to successfully execute this role.
The Technology Manager Infrastructure Services Platform Owner also:
– Provides Technical Leadership across the Infrastructure Services Delivery Programme.
– Helps to develop the Infrastructure Services Roadmap and Strategy.
– Develops effective relationships between IT and the aligned business unit(s) within the SSE Group.
– Ensures operational security and integrity of IT services and that services are compliant with audit and regulatory requirements.
– Develops and maintains effective commercial and service management of external suppliers, including monitoring of all direct contractual agreements: financial, term and conditions of use.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
– Extensive relevant experience in a complex enterprise scale organisation. Experience in either a regulated environment or an IT Consultancy role would be advantageous but is not essential.
– Strong experience of delivering both IT Infrastructure Projects and Services.
– A wide breadth of knowledge and understanding across various Infrastructure and Data Centre technologies (including not exclusively Microsoft/Windows, Linux/RHEL, AIX, Oracle, VMware products).
– A good understanding of various server hardware and storage.
– A strong understanding of Identity and Access Management principles.
– Experience of Public and Private Cloud would be advantageous but not essential.
SSE IT underpins the technology needs of all the different businesses that make up the SSE group. From emerging technologies to data and analytics to cyber security – we power SSE’s growth and enable it to generate value, while keeping it secure. As a trusted business partner that helps SSE lead in a low carbon world, we are proud of our service. Working for SSE IT is all about equipping SSE for now and the future.
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for ‘Inclusion & Diversity at SSE‘ to find out more.
All applications should be made online, and I’ll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact David on 01738 275846.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you’ll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.
To apply for this job please visit www.aplitrak.com.