SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £18 billion in low carbon projects to 2027, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that’s more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible – however our preference is that your base location will be at one of our main offices in Scotland (Glasgow, Perth, Aberdeen or Inverness)
Salary: circa £32,000 – £38,000 (depending on experience) + performance-related bonus + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing, and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
The Website & Social Media Officer, SSEN Transmission will play a key role in the development and execution of the strategic digital communications strategy for SSEs Transmission business, with responsibility for managing the online presence associated with SSEN Transmissions ‘Pathway to 2030 infrastructure projects in the north of Scotland.
This role is involved in providing timely and capable website content management support for SSEN Transmissions ‘Pathway to 2030 projects and collaborating with other Corporate Affairs Transmission colleagues in order to curate SSEN Transmissions external online narrative and maximise impact with target audiences.
Working as an integrated part of Transmissions Customers and Stakeholders Directorate, as Website & Social Media Officer you will lead on proactive, integrated content planning and liaise with the business community engagement team to ensure appropriate messaging is communicated online. Naturally strategic and proactive, youll use your digital capability to bring SSEN Transmissions purpose to life and take personal responsibility for showcasing and promoting this online to generate the highest possible impact.
Reporting to the Senior Communications Manager, youll work with internal stakeholders to help ensure alignment and collaboration across all SSEN Transmissions external facing functions.
Key responsibilities for this role will include:
– Channel management: Responsible for the content management of a selection of SSEN Transmissions external project microsites – managing the flow of content daily and delivering on page building, layout alterations and general site maintenance – whilst producing, proofreading and posting well-presented content.
– Digital strategy and development: Support the Senior Communications Manager in the proactive development of digital channel strategies informed by research, measurement and best practice across digital media, in order to meet SSEN Transmission objectives.
– Measurement-based insight: Produce monthly, and ad-hoc as requested, analytics reports and performance dashboards in support of effective measurement of campaigns and set-piece events, seeking out qualitative insights and driving performance.
– Digital content generation: Demonstrate an interest and enthusiasm for learning to produce high-quality digital content including video, photography and graphics.
– Stakeholder engagement: Build a network of key internal contacts across SSEN Transmission and the SSE Group to best achieve business objectives.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
– Working knowledge of the energy sector and/or similar complex industry or highly regulated environments would be preferred, however, we will also consider someone who can demonstrate a genuine interest in energy issues with the ability to get up to speed quickly.
– Proven track record of delivering website content management expertise and digital communications strategy in a complex industry, high in public, political and media interest.
– Significant experience in digital communications with interest in and awareness off the changing online landscape and how best to influence.
– Strong communication (oral and written) skills and comfortable presenting and advising at senior executive level with the ability to grasp complex information and understand how, and when, to use it in SSEN Transmission interests.
– Exceptional interpersonal and internal and external networking skills with the ability to build effective working relationships at all organisational levels and capable of strong influence and challenge.
About our Business
At SSEN Transmission, we are responsible for the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, maintaining and developing high voltage 132kV, 220kV, 275kV and 400kV network infrastructure.
Our network consists of underground and subsea cables, overhead lines on wooden poles or steel towers, and electricity substations. It extends over a quarter of the UKs land mass, crossing some of its most challenging terrain.
Our first priority is to provide a safe and reliable supply of electricity to our communities. We do this by taking the electricity from generators and transporting it at high voltages over long distances through our transmission network for onwards distribution to homes and businesses in villages, towns and cities.
About the Department
People in Corporate Affairs work collaboratively externally and internally to advise, influence and communicate in order to help SSEs businesses succeed and contribute to SSE being a leading energy provider in a net zero world. We have a wide range of audiences we want to reach including investors, competitors, governments, partners, suppliers, communities and prospective employees, and our Corporate Affairs team build and cultivate these relationships to help us get our story across.
What’s in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for ‘Inclusion & Diversity at SSE‘ to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I’ll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Laura on 01738 341814.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you’ll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.
To apply for this job please visit www.aplitrak.com.