SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £20.5 billion in low carbon projects to 2027, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that’s more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come. We are proud to be playing a critical role in the net zero transition, as we aim to more than treble the net capacity in operation to 13GW and grow renewable energy output five-fold to over 50TWh over the next 10 years.
About the Role
Base Location: Killin Workshop, Killin, Perthshire.
Salary: SS04 £31,339 – £35,892 depending on skills and experience + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
SSE Renewables operates and maintains over 1000MW of Hydro Generation and associated infrastructure. Our Operations and Maintenance Teams are responsible for the operation and maintenance of our hydro generation assets.
The multi-disciplined team based at Killin Workshop are accountable for the day-to-day operation, maintenance, and repair of our Hydro Generation Plant to ensure it is kept in a safe and efficient state.
Some of your main accountabilities will include;
– Carrying out electrical maintenance activities plus mechanical and civil works within your competence.
– Day-to-day rectification, repair and designated project work.
– Carrying out routine inspections and checks to ensure our equipment and fixed plant is at a high standard of operational effectiveness.
– Reporting operational defects as they arise, carrying out risk assessments, plus environmental and safety inspections.
– Undergoing the relevant training to operate and isolate fixed generation plant where required.
Due to the nature of this role, you should reside, or be prepared to relocate, within 30 miles of Killin Workshop, Killin, Perthshire.
What do I need?
To be considered this role, we would love you to have the following;
– Experience of working in an Electrical craftsperson role or similar, with a practical understanding of Electrical Generation Equipment.
– A minimum qualification of NVQ Level 3 / City and Guilds, or equivalent craft apprenticeship certificates.
– Computer literacy, as you’ll be required to develop a proficiency in our maintenance scheduling and reporting software, as well as other company software applications, for which training will be given.
– A practical and flexible attitude, with the ability to work as part of an effective team.
Due to the nature of the role, you may, from time to time, be required to work outside in all weather conditions and it may be necessary to carry out work out with normal working hours.
What’s in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for ‘Inclusion & Diversity at SSE‘ to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I’ll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Pamela on 01738 342002.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you’ll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
To apply for this job please visit www.aplitrak.com.